users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 admin console very slow

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:24:37 -0800

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam@sun.com> wrote:

If you have the console running, you can also go to the Configuration tab of
the update center tree node, and set it up.

The node labeled "Update Tool"?  I clicked on it several minutes ago
and *nothing* seems to be happening.

It takes a long time to fetch all the information from the repository, compared to what has been installed and tell you what module is available for addon.  This does take a long time.    The cursor should have changed to indicate it is doing something.

Or you can bring up  glassfishv3/bin/updateool  and set the proxy there.

"The software needed for this command (updatetool) is not installed."

Is there just a file we can edit to set the proxy settings?

Only the bootstrap code for the updatetool is included in the distribution.  So, the very first time you run updatetool, it will tell you it is not installed.   You should say 'yes'  to download the bits.   After the bits is downloaded, it should tell you to restart updatetool again.
When it is up, there is the preference menu to set the proxy settings.

That is the user preference file,  but i believe the location is different on different platform.   Let me cc Tom here for the answer.

thanks
Anissa.