users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Glassfish Admin Console gives 404 error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:40:23 PDT

Hi Harkiran,

I want to help, but need a little more info.
You mentioned you were using v3 Prelude and Alexis suggested to use v3 Preview release. Which version are you using now ? Please use a more recent release, promoted build 59 is a good candidate. You can download that from http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3/promoted/.
If you are not using this, please try with this promoted build first before reporting back.

>> The OS is Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4
Are you seeing the problem only on this platform ? I believe this is one of the platform thats on the QE test matrix, i will confirm.

Do you see the problem with a fresh install or you are seeing this after setting the database resource with apps deployed ?

Can you attach glassfish/domain1/domain/logs/server.log here so we can take a look ?

If possible, please attach glassfish/domain1/domain/config/domain.xml as well.

After you start the server and cannot get to the console, can you get to http://localhost:8080 that confirms the server is running ?

thanks
Anissa
[Message sent by forum member 'anilam' (anilam)]