users@glassfish.java.net

How to connect Java SE client to Java EE module running on GlassFish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 03:05:56 PDT

We are having some difficulties connecting our Java SE standalone client with the EJB module deployed on a remote GlassFish server.

Pointers to how we are supposed to connect our client would be appreciated.

The client code we currently has to get the initial context:

props.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "*remotehost*");
props.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "portNumber");

javax.naming.InitialContext ic = new javax.naming.InitialContext(props);

*We have tried several different port numbers; 3700, 7676, 8080..

The closest we are getting, got us the error: "Error in GIOP magic"
[Message sent by forum member 'nicklasjepsen' (nicklasjepsen)]