users@glassfish.java.net

Default Web Module and alternatedocroot_1 virtual directory problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 22:44:20 PDT

I'm using Glassfish v2.1 and Eclipse 1.0.

If there is no 'default web module' selected in my Virtual Server, this alternatedocroot_1 path works just fine:

alternatedocroot_1 : from=/assets/* dir=J:/inetpub/wwwroot/prototype/

It allows my images to be rendered using the appropriate url:

http://localhost:8090/mainsite/assets/myimage.jpg

They are located on disk here:

J:/inetpub/wwwroot/prototype/assets/myimage.jpg

My main web project set to a contextroot of '/mainsite' is here:

J:/inetpub/wwwroot/prototype/mainsite

When I change the 'default web module' for my virtual server to 'mainsite', however, so i can do my appropriate uri servlet filter, I would EXPECT nothing to go wrong so I SHOULD now see an image here where i need it:

http://localhost:8090/assets/myimage.jpg

Instead, the virtual directory stops working completely and i can't see my images anymore (anywhere?). I'm assuming changing the Default Web Root is casting some type of 'Alternate-DocRoot-with-Default-Web-Module-of-Confusion' spell on the back end that's killing the normal map to my images, but I can't figure out how to cast a counterspell. Any suggestions?
[Message sent by forum member 'twitchman' (twitchman)]