users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB timeout resulting from ORB 30 minute timeout

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:47:41 PDT

Thank you very much for the response Tim!

I thought I had tried that perviously (with the -D) and don't think it worked, however just after posting I looked through the website and found the following at:
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/jws-glassfish/part4.html#1

You could set System variables in the ACC using the following (prop):

http://website/earApplication/earApplicationClient?prop=com.sun.corba.ee.transport.ORBWaitForResponseTimeout=7200000

I tried that and it definitely worked! Using prop= in the URL did it. No more timeout.
I'll test the vmarg again, just to make sure it wasn't an error on my behalf.

By the way, you guys did an outstanding job with Glassfish, keep up the good work.
[Message sent by forum member 'enderfake' (enderfake)]