users@glassfish.java.net

Can't publish to GF in eclipse. Get Message - "May be locked by another process"

From: ets04uga <ets04uga_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:21:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello-

I have a Dynamic Web Project that uses another java project checked
(CommonUtils) in the Java EE Dependencies to be set as jar files in the lib
folder. I am using a local instance of Glassfish as an application server
and these java projects have been used in other Web projects that were
previously published to the GF server either under the same domain or
another domain. When I try to publish any changes to GF server I get the
message that the java project jar(CommonUtils.jar) file can't be deleted
because it may be locked by another process.

The worked around is as follows:
1. remove the web project in eclipse from the server
2. stop the server
3. restart the server
4. add the project back in eclipse.

Any ideas what the issue is. I'm not sure if this if Glassfish or eclipse
related.

I've tried creating a new domain with only the absolute minimum necessary
jar files and still get the error.

Thanks,