users@glassfish.java.net

Re: deleting rotated glassfish log files

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:58:32 -0700

On 08/14/09 05:04, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> This is still not solved? Do I have to follow the steps in attached doc or otherwise glassfish fills the disk with logs sooner or later? This must be some joke, no real glassfish instalation is possible without this feature or without some kind of scheduled eraser.

No jokes. :)

See my update to the forum thread:

  The com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.max_history_files system property
  limits the number of rotated log files for both access logging and the
  server.log.

  (This means that if we wanted to make it configurable in domain.xml, we should
  expose it as both a property (or attribute) on <access-log> and <log-service>,
  with the ability to specify different values for each.)

So there already is a solution available.

Nevertheless, I just increased the priority of the bug, to make the max
number of rotated files configurable separately for logging (in the domain's
logging.properties) and access logging (as an attribute of the <access-log>
element in domain.xml)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jan