users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to configure the targets being deployed to?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:52:34 PDT

Thanks for the reply hzhang_jn.

JCAPS generates most of the code and configs in an EAR file. So we don't have visibility to the xml files within the EAR file. What we do is create a "deployment" in which we point it to a particular server (the DAS in this case). After we've built the deployment we hit the "deploy" button which deploys it to the configured server.

 We could change the deployment to point to a particular instance, but that mean we won't be deploying to the cluster "simulataneously". And we would also have to create a deployment for every instance (which seems a bit impractical). I have a feeling if we do the latter scenario each EAR file would be named differently.

The other option I can think of is to generate the EAR file and then manually upload to the cluster I guess?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Rax
[Message sent by forum member 'rax_m' (rax_m)]