users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Problem with JMX Connector on Glassfish v2.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:42:42 PDT

Hi, Martin!
>>a simple netstat -a | grep jrmi-port will verify the port is not bound
This command does not show anything.
Here is the output of nmap -p 8686 localhost
Starting Nmap 4.60 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-08-14 09:00 MSD
Warning: Hostname localhost resolves to 2 IPs. Using 127.0.0.1.
Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
PORT STATE SERVICE
8686/tcp open unknown

>>can you verify the JMX-connector is configured in /config/domain.xml e.g.
I have the same settings in my domain.xml except
<property name="client-hostname" value="localhost"/>
I have added it and then restarted the server, but nothing have changed.
[Message sent by forum member 'amarok' (amarok)]