users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploying to a cluster with no downtime

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:35:35 PDT

Vishal, I'm not sure I understand your solution can I confirm a few things:
When you Quiesce instanceA this leaves instanceB responding to client requests?
When you Deploy AppVersion2 you are deploying to a cluster which contains InstanceA & InstanceB? When you do the deploy what prevents glassfish from pushing the application update to InstanceB? I don't see anything in the admin UI to control this. I'm not running the glassfish load balancer is that required for this to work?
[Message sent by forum member 'dbsquared' (dbsquared)]