users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploying to a cluster with no downtime

From: Vishal Mehra <vishal.m.mehra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:16:28 -0700

Hi Vince,

For compatible applications follow the steps below for rolling upgrade. GF
supports it even with a single cluster. If you need a script, I can forward
it you.

deploy AppVersion1
Start cluster

Enable dynamic LB
Quiesce instanceA
Deploy AppVersion2
start instanceA

repeat these steps for other instances (instanceX)
Quiesce instanceB
start instanceB

<http://www.sun.com/>
*Vishal Mehra