users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Add MBean's to Admin Console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:51:32 PDT

Thanks for your answers.

1 & 3) Are you saying that it's likely that v3 will be able to act as a MBean browser? (because as I understand it's not possible today in v3 either?) I think it would be an excellent feature.

2) Since you cannot use GF 2.1 as an MBean Browser then no. The reason why I wanted to do this was because in JConsole I found and MBean that displayed lots of useful information on a queue that I wanted to monitor from inside the admin console. This MBean didn't have a default constructor so I couldn't initialize it from the GF Admin Console Deploy Custom MBean.

I have a follow-up question. The customer I'm working for wants this kind of monitoring in the GF Admin Console (i.e. be able to monitor the MBean that exposes details about the queue). Is the best way forward to create a custom/modified admingui war?

Thanks again.
[Message sent by forum member '77777777777' (77777777777)]