users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Add MBean's to Admin Console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 09:06:46 PDT

> Thanks for your answers.
>
> 1 & 3) Are you saying that it's likely that v3 will
> be able to act as a MBean browser? (because as I
> understand it's not possible today in v3 either?) I
> think it would be an excellent feature.

Of course. Since v3 GUI is extensible, anyone can develop a plugin to
it. Community help is welcome ;).

> 2) Since you cannot use GF 2.1 as an MBean Browser
> then no. The reason why I wanted to do this was
> because in JConsole I found and MBean that displayed
> lots of useful information on a queue that I wanted
> to monitor from inside the admin console. This MBean
> didn't have a default constructor so I couldn't
> initialize it from the GF Admin Console Deploy Custom
> MBean.

Hmm. But the idea behind custom MBeans (which, are BTW, available on Console) is that
you impart the "persistence" of their state/attributes via administering them.
Check the design document I pointed you to.

> I have a follow-up question. The customer I'm working
> for wants this kind of monitoring in the GF Admin
> Console (i.e. be able to monitor the MBean that
> exposes details about the queue). Is the best way
> forward to create a custom/modified admingui war?

Well, that's not supported. You can try it out, but then you are on your own.
What are the exact requirements of the customer?

-Kedar

> Thanks again.
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]