users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Add MBean's to Admin Console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:29:15 PDT

Good questions (and interesting java.net ID) :)

> 1) I'd like to be able to monitor all or at least a
> specific OpenMQ queue from within the Admin Console.

Making Admin Console act like an MBean Browser is a long standing request. IMO, that's an
RFE that should be addressed.

No, not possible. See: http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/GlassFishAdminReferences/custom-mbeans-design-document.html for details. Are you impaired by this requirement?

> 3) Is it possible to automatically register a MBean
> (preferably using Spring) when you deploy an
> application (such as a web-application) so that it
> becomes visible in the Admin console? We have a
> spring-based web-app and it registers a custom MBean
> when it's loaded. From JConsole you get all the
> details from the MBean but we'd like to be able to
> see it from the Admin Console as well (without
> manually having the deploy it).

This goes back to 1. Time for doing this in v3.

-Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]