users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Programmatic JMX connection to Glassfish

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:47:32 -0700

Hi Sean,

Admin Console is one example, although not quite  dirt simple :)
The console talks to the backend almost exclusively through AMX.   You can take a look at v3 source code.  The one that opens the connection and has many util method to get hold of many of the config beans is available at

https://svn.dev.java.net/svn/glassfish-svn/trunk/v3/admingui/common/src/main/java/org/glassfish/admingui/common/util/V3AMX.java

You may also want to generate the javadoc for   v3/common/amx-*
Thanks to Lloyd,  the javadoc for all the amx packages are very complete and excellent.   Thats what i rely on mostly.

There is also the doc  https://glassfish.dev.java.net/nonav/v3/admin/planning/V3Changes/V3_AMX_SPI.html  that you should look at.

Hope this help.
Anissa.

Comerford, Sean wrote:
Re: Programmatic JMX connection to Glassfish Err, accidentally hit send :-/

Since I did, I might as well finish the thought.

I’m looking for an example(s) of how to programmatically connect via JMX to Glassfish’s mbean server (i.e in my own java classs, not jconsole).

I’m going through the AMX extensions and samples which I think is probably the way to go but wondering if there is a dirt simple example somewhere.

Just looking for a doc pointer basically but probably found it in the AMX stuff (?)