users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ZipException during Glassfish startup

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:25:11 -0500

Hi.

This blog entry

http://blogs.sun.com/quinn/entry/why_the_warnings_about_glassfish

explains why GlassFish is even looking at the JAR's manifest. Only the
first paragraph of that blog entry pertains to your case.

As Sathyan explained, make sure that serializer.jar is properly
created. It might be just fine but its manifest Class-Path might refer
to one or more other JARs which you have not packaged in the
application. Therefore GlassFish cannot find them and it is simply
warning you that if users were to use Java Web Start to launch an app
client in your app the client might not work as expected because of the
JAR which GlassFish cannot locate.

So, check the Class-Path in the manifest for serializer.jar and see if
there are JARs listed there that are missing from your app.

- Tim