users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can I specify both /app and /apptest as context roots for my app?

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 14:33:57 -0700

On 07/ 2/09 02:02 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Jan,
>
> Is it not possible to deploy the same "app" as two different application archives with two
> different content-roots?
> e.g.
> 1- Copy app.war as apptest.war
> 2- asadmin deploy --contextroot app app.war
> 3- asadmin deploy --contextroot apptest apptest.war.
>
> Won't that work?

Yes, that'll work, but in this case, you'd be deploying two separate WAR
files
(with identical contents).

I was under the impression that the user was trying to deploy the same WAR
to more than one context root (e.g., by specifying a list of context
roots in
sun-web.xml), which is not supported.

Jan