users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GLASSFISH IS LAME

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:01:55 PDT

Yes. But you clearly don't. Open source means that anyone can contribute and can fix bugs. So if you're seeing a bug and not either 1) paying someone to fix it for you or 2) doing it yourself, you can climb down off that high horse. Open source means putting up or shutting up and you're not currently contributing so I guess that narrows your options. Your abusive, atagonistic attitude will get you exactly nowhere. So you may say goodbye glassfish but i'm sure the rest of the community will have no problems saying "goodbye, troll." I'm sorry things aren't working out for you like they are the countless other working systems. I'm sure there's some quantum/metaphysical anomaly in your server and you're certainly not to blame for *that* but your attitude is entirely unacceptable. So good luck with whatever you choose. I'm sure we won't miss you here.

> Do you have any idea what open source stands for?
> I am a long time believer in open source. And I have
> nothing against paying for support on open source
> products that actually show promise.
>
> But my problem is with projects like glassfish who
> call themselves open source but really is a sluggish
> community bringing bad name to all the open source
> projects. Another victim here is JAVA itself. JAVA
> was designed to be simple and platform independent.
> You guys have made JAVA based systems so complex and
> cumbersome that no new developer wants to use it
> anymore.
>
> Yes, we need a better system than JBOSS. And that's
> why I have been looking at Glassfish. The least I
> expect from the installer is that it works as per the
> QUICK START GUIDE. The f***ing quick start guide
> tells me to go to http://localhost:4848 for the admin
> console. As it turns out there is no admin console. I
> then post a question on the forum. The forum sends me
> on a wild goose chase saying try installer X and then
> installer Y. I try about 5 installers and one of them
> from months ago works. So, I decide to look at the
> help page and see how the admin console works....
> hmmm.. no help page. I go back to the forum and ask
> how to make the help page work.......SILENCE.
>
> So, after 2 days of banging my head on my desk, I
> decide to send out some blasting emails. At this
> point, it's not a matter of whether I can fix the
> problem myself and get on with my project. At this
> point, the question is whether I want to spend
> anymore days frustrating over this product and a
> sluggish community. The question is whether I trust
> y job and the future of my company over this product
> a product like this. The question is whether I can
> save other people's time and money by writing some
> real reviews about Glassfish.
>
> I think I will do more service to open source
> community by exposing glassfish community than by
> helping you guys fix the problem.
>

> GOODBYE GLASSFISH.
[Message sent by forum member 'cheeser' (cheeser)]