users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Clustering Glassfish across a wide-area network (WAN) ?

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:47:42 -0700

 From the HA and Group Management Service perspective, we do not support
clustering in a wide-area-network as we rely on multicast based
messaging for a few aspects of group and member discovery, failure
monitoring and session discovery on failover.

It may be possible for a WAN based cluster to work if the WAN end points
were configured to be part of a VLAN configuration with multicast
traffic enabled through the routers involved but officially we have not
tested that.