users@glassfish.java.net

Clustering Glassfish across a wide-area network (WAN) ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:35:35 PDT

Is clustering Glassfish server instances across a wide-area network (T3/DS-3 connections) a recommended and supported enterprise application environment? Have you successfully done so or know of such Glassfish deployments? We are using servlets, EJBs and JMS.

If clustering across a WAN isn't supported or isn't a wise thing to do, why not and what issues will we encounter?

I have a colleague that's proposed clustering across our VPN, and while open to new ideas I'm somewhat skeptical.
[Message sent by forum member 'this_is_mark' (this_is_mark)]