users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Performance??

From: pccontact <pccontact168_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 04:14:04 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I have a SOAP application which doing some work takes about 1-4 secs to
complete then response back to client. and the request and reply SOAP size
is about 10K bytes long.

My Glassfish is on a Q8200 4 core CPU with 4GB RAM on Cent OS 5.3.

I use Threads.Sleep(1000) to simulate the process. The glassfish only can
response 500 TPS(response per second back to client). I used SOAP UI to open
1024 threads(actually, 512-1024 get almost the same response TPS) for
concurrent requests.

If I use Threads.Sleep(2000) then the response only about half 250 TPS.

I tried to configure the Glassfish but the only factor looks like is HTTP
max Thread Count.
After increase to about 512-1024 the result all the same.

Is my Glassfish response time reasonable?

BTW, if I did not use Threads.Sleep, it can response about 1000 TPS.