users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Time lost int the deploy and restart JEE Applications

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:07:55 -0700

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 5:07 AM, Ronaldo Rigoni ...<rrigoni_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> How much time you lost in the deploy and restart your application
> server in development environment?

Uh, none?

> What's your application server and IDE? Report your experience.

I'm only using the glassfish gem for JRoR projects at the moment,
but with my old Java apps on Tomcat I just pointed the server at my
dev build directory, and that's it. A couple of seconds for the context
to reload when a file changed, no big deal.

I would think GF would be the same. Are you really totally restarting
for every trivial change? That /would/ be painful. :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
twitter: @hassan