users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What's wrong? Glassfish SSL access problem

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:18:12 -0700

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:59 AM, <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org> wrote:

> I setup an SSL certificate (a Verisign trial one)

> But, when i'm trying to connect to the web server (dev_computer) from another computer (in the same Lan) to make some tests... oups! i got an error like: "dev_computer use an invalid certificate"

It's not an "error", it's a warning that the certificate is exactly what
it says, invalid.

I've never used a "trial" cert before, but that's the warning you get
with a self-signed cert, because it doesn't reference back to a valid
CA (Certificate Authority). I'm betting this is the same.

Either tell your users not to worry about it, or pay for a real cert from
someone (Verisign being probably the most expensive option!). Or
set up your own CA, but you probably don't want to go there. :-)

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com