users@glassfish.java.net

Looking for guidance on how to pass configuration options to a JCA connecto

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 05:21:29 PDT

I have a JCA connector that I wrote that provides access to a network protocol. I need to be able to pass some configuration information to the connector. Right now, I pass this via the ra.xml, but I need this to be "softer".

I need to be able to shutdown the server, update some configuration information, and restart the server and have the connector pick up the new configuration information. At the same time, I don't know where in the filesystem the full application server is going to be installed. This is a turnkey solution that the customer can install anywhere they like on their system.

So referencing a file path to read configuration may be problematic. I was thinking that using a JNDI custom resource that provide a URL where the configuration is located might be a solution. I am open to any others as well. I really don't want to open the RAR and update ra.xml, however, if possible.

So any ideas on how to get configuration into a connector something like this will be most welcome.

Brett
[Message sent by forum member 'bbergquist' (bbergquist)]