users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Platform Support : Windows 64-bit

From: NBW <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:15:41 -0400

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Comerford, Sean
<Sean.Comerford_at_espn3.com>wrote:

> I can tell you from experience that we haven’t seen any problems running
> 64 bit Windows Server 2003
>
> But last I checked it doesn’t work with the 64 bit JDK for some reason so
> you just have to use the 32 bit one.

GF does work with the 64 bit JDK. The problem is the installer does not. If
you want to use it with the 64 bit JDK what you need to do is have the 32
bit JRE installed so the installer users that one. Then you simply change
the Java Home environment variable to point to the 64bit JDK install. This
setting is in the admin console's application server JVM settings.

-NBW