users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3 in very small scale (memory and cpu)

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:34:41 +0200

Hello Burak,

 From your list below you can certainly remove a few packages but the
dependencies are still a bit brittle so be careful how you do that.
I'm not sure I understand your memory requirement though. How many
instances of GlassFish do you intend to run in a 512MB environment?
With the following config and a simple ejb/jersey app deployed, I
barely reach 30MB (according to jconsole) :

$ bin/pkg list
NAME (PUBLISHER) VERSION
STATE UFIX
felix 1.8.0-0
installed ----
glassfish-amx 3.0-51
installed ----
glassfish-common 3.0-51
installed ----
glassfish-corba-omgapi 3.0.0-20
installed ----
glassfish-grizzly 1.9.15-0
installed ----
glassfish-hk2 3.0-51
installed ----
glassfish-jsf 2.0.0-13
installed ----
glassfish-jta 3.0-51
installed ----
glassfish-management 3.0-51
installed ----
glassfish-nucleus 3.0-51
installed ----
glassfish-web 3.0-51
installed ----
jersey 1.1.0-1.0
installed ----

Note you're using fairly old version of v3, the most current promoted
build is 51.
You should probably at least use the Preview version from JavaOne: https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v3-preview.html

cheers,
-Alexis