users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Clustered setup (think Cloud) Glassfish v2 or v3?

From: Barry van Someren <goltharnl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:55:08 +0200

Hi,

Thank you for helping me out on this, much appreciated.
How likely is it to get GMS/Glassfish V2.1 to work on a VLAN based
network without multicast (but broadcast or some other mechanism)?
I noticed that running under a security manager is also not supported
for V3, which is a feature I do need so for now I'll stick with the
production tested V2 with the exception of some standalone nodes
perhaps. I can also help with the testing of V3 Clustering if we get
the right setup into images (provisioning a bunch of servers takes
less than an hour and then they are ready for testing)

Glassfish V2 only works with multicasting?
Regards,

Barry