users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Installing a Signed Certificate...

From: Derek Sceats <dsceats_at_silasg.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 16:23:18 -0700

Hi Nick,

There are no issues with using PC (B) to create the new keypair (genkey) and the CSR. A couple of things though...

(1) make sure that you use the FQDN of the server in the genkey;
(2) once you receive the signed cert back from Comodo, it has to be imported into the keystore on PC (B) -- import the root and class certs before the signed cert.

One more step that I would do...
(3) create a new "s1as" keypair using genkey

I am assuming that you used keytool on PC (B) to do the genkey and CSR. Once you have done the above steps, you can copy the keystore from PC (B) to server (A).

Just do the following...
(4) Make sure that you can use SSL with the default signed cert "s1as" in the default keystore or Server (A), as a reference point
(5) Goto \glassfish\domains\domain1\config on Server (A) and rename the keystore.jks to keystore.old
(6) Copy the keystore from PC (B) into \glassfish\domains\domain1\config on Server (A) and make sure that it is called keystore.jks
(7) Restart Glassfish

Repeat step (4) to verify that Glassfish is working okay with SSL. If all is well, you can go to the Glassfish Admin Console and change the alias from "s1as" to the alias of you signed cert.

Hope this helps.

Derek