users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: docroot of web app / mod_jk

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:48:39 PDT

Dear Martin,

thanks a lot for your response i really appreciate it.

But at present I can't tell you about the pain I've been subjected to since for almost one week to get this up and running.

Meanwhile frustration passed to a kind of deep desperation.

We have rolled back to v2.1 (9.1.1) (build b60e-fcs) and the server does what he wants.

We do not know about the difference between

configuration/default-config/http-service/virtual-servers and
configuration/server-config/http-service/virtual-servers

all what we have found out is, that the server responds different on the virtual-host settings given in either default or server configuration.

under default-configuration/http-service/virtual-server we set up a virtual host called intranet.

the context root is set to /intranet.
If we set the docroot to ${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/applications/j2ee-modules the server shows a directory listing of that particular directory. if we set the docroot to ${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/applications/j2ee-modules/intranet what is the right dir where the app was deployed to, the server complains in the log file:

|PWC6117: Datei "/web/app/SGES-V2.1/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/intranet/intranet/index.jsp" nicht gefunden|#]

for some reason it appends the 'intranet' twice, and we do not know why.

From this side it's not a matter of being lazy to read FAQs or having a gap in english. it's more a kind of having serious problems to trace the inner logic of GlassFish.

Virtual-Hosting setup is supported by all common application and web servers. GlassFish seems to make an exception from that. You do not need multiple Perl, Python or PHP instances to provide that.

Please advice, how and where we can get professional help to have sorted out the matter very soon.
If you would like to help and it's ok for you to contact us outside the java.net board, pls. feel free, to submit us your contact details safely using the contact on our website: www.dese.co.uk

I am looking forward to your outcome and any help is much appreciated.

Have a good night and best regards,
Dave.

PS: sorry for the poor english!
[Message sent by forum member 'seagate' (seagate)]