users@glassfish.java.net

RE: docroot of web app / mod_jk

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 17:15:19 -0400

Struts:
if you're going to wait until the Container is processing the URL then redirect the different/url to your specific Action
public class HelloWorld extends ActionSupport {
 @Actions({
    @Action("/different/url"),
    @Action("/another/url")
  })
  public String execute() {
    return SUCCESS;
  }
}

http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/convention-plugin.html

Apache HTTP Server Redirects:
use JKMount to point the url in this case all references for /servlet/ are directed to ajp13 (AppServer) via
JkMount /*/servlet/ ajp13
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzaie/rzaiemod_jk.htm#jkmount

using mod-rewrite to 'rewrite' the destination URL:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html
#
# /abc/def/.htaccess -- per-dir config file for directory /abc/def
# Remember: /abc/def is the physical path of /xyz, i.e., the server
# has a 'Alias /xyz /abc/def' directive e.g.
#
RewriteEngine On
# let the server know that we were reached via /xyz and not
# via the physical path prefix /abc/def
RewriteBase /xyz

# now the rewriting rules
RewriteRule ^oldstuff\.html$ newstuff.html

        In the above example, a request to

/xyz/oldstuff.html
gets correctly rewritten to
        the physical file