users@glassfish.java.net

Re: docroot of web app / mod_jk

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:38:04 PDT

Hi,

I have checked on this again, and it seems, I have to add the request.getContextPath() to any object used in a jsp page. (e. g. images, css, js-files).

that is something what could not be necessary if GlassFish could accept, to have an web app started using only the fqdn from applications/j2ee-modules/<appname>.

Now I have to put a single index.jsp file into domains/domain1/docroot what makes a query and redirects to the particular web application.

How do you handle this?

If you have a corporate web site running, say www.mycompany.com it won't make a good appearance if you have your corporate url on your business card like this: http://www.mycompany.com/myapp1

Hopefully GlassFish can handle this issue in future releases.

Thanks & Regards,
Dave.
[Message sent by forum member 'seagate' (seagate)]