users@glassfish.java.net

Re: docroot of web app / mod_jk

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 08:05:36 PDT

Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply. I understand this, and it seems, I'm not far from having everything running.

The only thing I want to ask at this point is, where and how to setup a kind of auto-redirection? If a client types in www.my-domain-myapp1.com that it then redirects to www.my-domain-myapp1.com/myapp1

Do you know, if GlassFish V3 solves this issue regarding the context root?
It would be a nice to have, if the GF would determine automatically by the given virtualhost name where to find the application and to serve it from.

I mean, if you give the url www.aaa.com it starts to serve from /applications/j2ee-modules/myapp1,
or www.bbb.com it starts to serve from /applications/j2ee-modules/myapp2 without the need, to have the name of the context root appended to the url.

Thanks and Regards,
Dave.
[Message sent by forum member 'seagate' (seagate)]