users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Stateless session beans unusable after Toplink exception

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 21:59:42 +0200

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have a stateless session bean that does some database stuff via TopLink Essentials. Everything works fine until there are Exceptions. E.g. an object cannot be inserted into the data base and throws an EntityExistsException because of a duplicate primary key. Then the instances of the bean build up until 100 and then some JMS resources that we use are exhausted (queue producer limit).
> The bean has the REQUIRES_NEW transaction attribute.

Given the information you have posted here this looks very much like a
problem with message delivery retries.

This happens when an mdb throws an runtime exception and thus the JMS
service tries to deliver the message again.

See http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4335/abljw?l=de&a=view and
search for "RedeliveryAttempts".

--
Wolfram Rittmeyer