users@glassfish.java.net

Stateless session beans unusable after Toplink exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:17:26 PDT

Hi,

we have a stateless session bean that does some database stuff via TopLink Essentials. Everything works fine until there are Exceptions. E.g. an object cannot be inserted into the data base and throws an EntityExistsException because of a duplicate primary key. Then the instances of the bean build up until 100 and then some JMS resources that we use are exhausted (queue producer limit).
The bean has the REQUIRES_NEW transaction attribute.

So, can we do something special to prevent this? How can we destruct the beans that seem unusable.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chrjohn' (chrjohn)]