users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Controlling the VM version running the applications

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 16:54:38 -0700

Ah.

Maybe asadmin start-domain should take envp?

e.g. "asadmin start-domain --env Java_JVM_VERSION=1.6" which will
make the launcher set this variable in the environment of the launched
process only.

This will remove any OS-specific code. It would need 2.x patch, I believe.
We have tried something similar in 2.x, I faintly remember.

-Kedar