users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cannot start application server on Windows Vista

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 18:19:08 PDT

Hi,
I just downloaded and installed GlassFish ESB on Vista, and for a while had similar problems, which I've now resolved.

GlassFish ESB downloaded and installed perfectly. When I start the app server from the Netbeans IDE it looked like it had started, but eventually timed out. If I went to a command prompt and ran "netstat -aon" I could see all the app server ports, 8080, 8181, 4848 were in use. If I went to Firefox and attempted to log on to the adin console it failed.

I found the solution at http://www.wampserver.com/phorum/read.php?2,48518.

Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and look for hosts file.
Comment out the last line, so it will look like "#::1 localhost" and leave "127.0.0.1 localhost" alone.
[Message sent by forum member 'rossstephens56' (rossstephens56)]