users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Controlling the VM version running the applications

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 16:38:38 -0700

On 5/11/09 4:33 PM, Kedar Mhaswade wrote:

> Ludovic Champenois wrote:
>> On 5/11/09 1:40 PM, Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>>> I just tried with GFv2 update 02 (9.1_02) and it works fine
>>> and I have only AS_JAVA defined to the 1.6 path on Mac.
>>>
>>> I don't need JAVA_JVM_VERSION in asenv.conf.
>>>
>>> Of course, I just tested it with asadmin start-domain command.
>>>
>>> -Kedar
>>>
>> Yes, of course, because your test is *not* the same as the test case
>> we are talking about...
>
> You said we should change launcher to do something Mac specific and I
> was wondering why, if asadmin works well. Maybe you should educate me
> about what is
> it that you want.
asadmin via telnet works.
asasdmin launched by an IDE like Eclipse using JDK1.5 does not work
without adding the extra var in asenv.conf.
Maybe to reproduce the issue, in your telnet session, try to set
JAVA_JVM_VERSION to 1.5
Or use Eclipse.
So this JAVA_JVM_VERSION variable is also controlling the launched VM
and having a wrong value (so 1.5 when you need a 1.6 vm) corrupts
entirely the server vm.
Ludo