users@glassfish.java.net

Re: My config files getting automatically deleted in directory config. WHY?

From: Jon Faldmo <jfaldmo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:14:27 -0600

As you have found out, when you start an instance a "fresh" copy of what was
deployed originally gets synchronized to the instance underneath the
nodeagents directory. The "fresh" copy is located under the domain directory
in the exact location you would find it under the instance directory. So if
you update the files there then when you restart your instance the "fresh"
copy would include the modified or new files.

When you start the instances it will always sync. If you start the node
agent with the asadmin command, which starts the instances, then you can
include a "--syncinstances false" option which won't delete what is in the
instance directory.

I'm not familiar with lifecycle modules or know the best solution for your
situation but but hopefully an expert will reply to your message.