users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Ability to monitor progress on StreamingDataHandlers?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:53:34 PDT

Well I'm going to chalk my lack of feedback as a question that is hard to understand from my explanation,or I'm asking the wrong question. But I still believe I cannot be the only one hitting this problem. Simply put I cannot find away to view/handle the progress of a file transferred from a web service to the stand alone client, if that web service call returns a DataHandler. Now in this thread ... http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=22481
others have shown how monitor an upload to the server from the client side. I am after the opposite, ability to monitor the progress of file downloading from the server(GF v2.1) to the client.

Now, is it possible that there isn't a direct way of doing this? Surely Im not the only one to run into this type of situation. Is there a better way of moving a file from glassfish server, with ssl, to a user allowing the client app to monitor the progress?
[Message sent by forum member 'javajoe83' (javajoe83)]