users@glassfish.java.net

Ability to monitor progress on StreamingDataHandlers?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 14:57:56 PDT

I am building a web service to move files around. I am using a method that returns a @XmlMimeType("application/octet-stream") DataHandler to the client. I do have @MTOM and @StreamingAttachment enabled. So I'm pretty sure that on every call this method returns a StreamingDataHandler. Which makes the clients next call of (StreamingDataHandler)dataHandler).moveFile(file) very clean. Is there anyway to monitor the progress of the data transfer for progressbars etc? Its obviuosly very important to let the client/user of the progress of any large file transfers. Any tricks or hints to handle this? Thanks all.
[Message sent by forum member 'javajoe83' (javajoe83)]