users@glassfish.java.net

Re: encoding still not working :(

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:50:55 +0100

Actually internationalization on the web is a big mess. E.g.: AFAIK all
browsers use the encoding of the page (META-html tag) when creating a
URL for GET requests after submitting a form - even though the W3C and
rfc2718 state to always use UTF-8. Also it is unfortunate that the
servlet spec defaults to ISO-8859-1.

Thus no matter what the wiki page says, the issue will remain confusing.
Nevertheless I guess the page could be improved. Maybe I can suggest
s.th. tomorrow.

--
Wolfram Rittmeyer