users@glassfish.java.net

Re: URL encoding problem

From: Felipe Gaúcho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:29:33 +0100

I found this:

When processing a servlet request, the server uses the following order
of precedence, first to last, to determine the request character
encoding:

    * The getCharacterEncoding() method
    * A hidden field in the form, specified by the
form-hint-field attribute of the parameter-encoding element in the
sun-web.xml file
    * The default-charset attribute of the parameter-encoding
element in the sun-web.xml file
    * The default, which is ISO-8859-1

so, what is the recommended way to make a portable and robust code here ?

to create a filter just to force an encoding ?? to move to latin1 and
to believe the rest of the world will always be latin1 ? :)