users@glassfish.java.net

Re: your current Glassfish evaluation

From: John Clingan <John.Clingan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:13:46 -0700

+1.

Please give GlassFish a try, perhaps following the screencast Alexis
linked to. As Alexis mentions, it only takes 10 minutes (or less). Our
feedback is consistently positive regarding ease of use. That being
said, we are *actively* trying to do even better, and are engaging the
community on those improvements:
http://blogs.sun.com/jasondlee/entry/changes_are_coming_to_the
http://www.nabble.com/Opinions-Wanted:-v3-GUI-Prototype-
td22211211.html (note that the prototype is currently offline since it
was on a laptop)

Also note that users should not edit XML files with GlassFish. Please
use the GUI or fully featured CLI (asadmin). The CLI minimizes
configuration errors and simplifies automation. If you would like to
learn more about the CLI, visit The Aquarium Channel on UStream:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1147072

There are dozens of detailed webinars available in addition to asadmin:
http://wikis.sun.com/display/TheAquarium/GlassFishDotTV
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/theaquarium