users@glassfish.java.net

Re: your current Glassfish evaluation

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:38:51 +0100

The GlassFish documentation is here: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/1343.6?
Specifically, the HA Admin guide: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4341
It covers HTTP, JMS, and IIOP load-balancing.

I would suggest you look at the 10-minute demo by John Clingan: http://blogs.sun.com/jclingan/entry/glassfish_clustering_in_under_10
It starts off using the bits from glassfish.org. 100% open source.

Shoal is the underlying (open source) technology for GlassFish: http://shoal.dev.java.net
This is how GlassFish offers GMS (Group Management System) and
achieves in-memory replication of stateful data.

-Alexis