users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Stumped by ServletContext and ServletContextListener behavior

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:22:09 PDT

Yes, a support contract for GlassFish will give you access to patch releases, and therefore to bug fixes that have been escalated, before those fixes become available in the next public release. As you can see from the bug's history, the bug was first discovered on GlassFish v3. At the time, the gate for GlassFish v2.1 was already closed, or at least the threshold for backporting any fixes to it was very high. So your interpretation that "we've abandoned GF2 so we wont fix it" is not true.
[Message sent by forum member 'jluehe' (jluehe)]