users@glassfish.java.net

Re: your current Glassfish evaluation

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:11:57 +0100

Hi there;

glad I could be of some help. :)

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org schrieb:
[...]
> We are planning to develop an operation support system which will be
> interfaced with a NMS. As for the load balancing with apache, it doesn't
> fit to us, because we don't need to make load balancing between our
> consumers, but between all our equipements (we have hundreds of them).

Sounds interesting... May I, however, ask which kind of "equipment" we are
talking about? Mainly server machines? Embedded devices? I think glassfishv2
clustering really can be beneficial in your use case, given the machines are
up to bear the load of a Java EE application server. Do you already have an
idea what part of the Java EE technologies you are likely to use for that?
Is the part of the application to run inside glassfishv2 mainly
"infrastructure" / application core or more "user interface" / web frontends?

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink