users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Debugging Glassfish CPU usage

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 03:26:02 PDT

Hi Kedar,

I've taken a couple of thread dumps with jstack, are those the same as would be created with a kill -3? If so, see attached.

I've knocked the threads down to 200, would that still be rather high? Also, I noticed an error in the jvm-options above; all are correct except we're running -Xmx3000m and -Xms3000m, instead of 2500 as I previously listed.

Also, I thought that -d64 only applied to Solaris. If I'm incorrect, what are the benefits of -d64 over -server?

As for average time in the database tier, we don't calculate that, but from watching mytop (filtering inactive) while a spike was occurring I would guesstimate it at or under 1s.

I'm unfamiliar with pfiles, could you explain a bit more there?

Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'rwillie6' (rwillie6)]