users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sun, IBM and future of Glassfish project?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 03:16:53 PDT

As far as I understood this deal Sun/IBM should be about hardware side.
As a matter of fact IBM owns 31% of the server pie, HP 29% and comes Dell and then Sun with its 10%.
Obviously for IBM taking another 10% would be great, so IBM will get the leadership of server market.

Being a java architect I'm very worry about the other things...
RAD vs NetBeans;
DB2 vs MySQL;
WAS vs GF;
OpenSolaris...???
and all comes with!

Company exists for the profits... no profits no company.

We all should ask these two companies what will happen to the software sector!

Kindly,
Luigi
[Message sent by forum member 'lfugaro' (lfugaro)]