users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sun, IBM and future of Glassfish project?

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:21:25 +0100

Mark Mielke schrieb:
[...]
>> second guess which one is the better of these tools (just see: profiling, UI
>> designer, maven tooling, Glassfish integration, web services tooling
>> (especially talking about clients), Java ME...)
>
> NetBeans is a lot slower and missing has more limited auto-formatting
> features. I choose NetBeans too - but I find myself missing Eclipse.

Unfortunately yes, speed still is an issue in NetBeans, even though latest
(6.7) pre-release builds seemingly are likely to bring some improvements
here. Actually, heavily using maven2 for development, I switched to NetBeans
from Eclipse quite a while ago and never looked back - the maven2 tooling in
Eclipse simply seems brain-damaging. ;) Not sure how IDEA or JDeveloper does
here, though...

Cheers,
Kristian

--