users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sun, IBM and future of Glassfish project?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:44:36 PDT

> As a side note, the one I AM willing to guess about
> is Netbeans. It would die. The good parts, such as
> the profiler, would hopefully be retooled as Eclipse
> plugins.
>
> Frankly, IMHo this should have happened years ago
> anyway. It was mostly Sun pride and stubbornness
> that keep NetBeans in the frey.

Except that there are some of us that consider Netbeans to be a superior tool, but that reopens another discussion that's beyond this thread. I have my doubts that IBM would support Netbeans or Swing if the merger went through, but who knows. Anything is possible.
[Message sent by forum member 'evickroy' (evickroy)]